Recipe by Sackville
Here's a nice way to dress up your chicken breasts that is fairly inexpensive and easy to make.
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- 100 g rice, cooked
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 220C or 425 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, put in just enough water to cover the bottom, bring to a boil and then wilt half the spinach in the water.
- Drain and cool.
- In a small frying pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute to soften.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cooked spinach, rice, onion, garlic, basil and parsley.
- Cut a slice in each chicken breast.
- Divide the spinach mixture between the two pockets, packing it in tightly.
- Wrap two strips of bacon around each chicken breast.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken and bacon are cooked.
- In a medium bowl mix the remaining oil with the balsamic vinegar.
- Fold in the remaining uncooked spinach.
- To serve, sit the chicken on a bed of dressed spinach.