Quick to prepare healthy, low calorie soup. If you like spinach you’ll find this soup delicious and filling – a great recipe when you are trying to shed a few extra pounds. The lemon gives it just a little bit of tang. You may add extra garlic if you like bolder taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly chop and sauté the onion in the vegetable oil. Add a bit of water if necessary to prevent burning.
- 2Mince garlic and add to the sautéed onions along with the rice. Fry mixture for a couple of minutes to ensure that the rice won’t get mushy later.
- 3Drain spinach and pour the reserved liquid in the pot. Run your knife through the drained spinach chopping the longer stems.
- 4Add chicken cubes, white pepper, paprika and lemon juice and water.
- 5Cook for 20 min on medium high heat or until the rice is tender.
- 6The soup will have a thicker consistency. You can add more water or chicken stock to adjust the thickness to your preferences.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Rice Soup - Low Calorie
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 637.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g