Recipe by **Jubes**
A simple pie to make. Its gluten free as it has no flour and its great as an economical vegetarian family meal. Also travels well for a picnic and can be eaten hot or cold
- 1 bunch english spinach, trimmed and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain white rice
- 50 g butter
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam or microwave the spinach until tender. Drain the cooked spinach well and squeeze out any excess liquid. (I have used frozen spinach to make this recipe before).
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Boil the rice until just tender. Then drain the rice well.
- Cook the sping onions in the butter until soft, using a samll frypan.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Ensure the mixture is well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 25cm pie dish and cook in a moderate oven 190°C for approx 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Stand the pie for ten minutes before serving.
- Serve with a salad or vgetables.