1/1 Photo of Spinach and Rice Casserole
I cut this out of either a copy of Light and Tasty or Simple and Delicious years ago. We enjoy this with simple roasted meat, but I can eat it on its own as a main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tear spinach into bite sized pieces, removing stems and set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Stir in spinach, salt and pepper and cook until spinach is wilted.
- 4Transfer mixture to a 2 quart prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Cover and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove lid and turn oven to broil to brown cheese a bit.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 555.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g