I cut this out of either a copy of Light and Tasty or Simple and Delicious years ago. We enjoy this with simple roasted meat, but I can eat it on its own as a main dish.
- Tear spinach into bite sized pieces, removing stems and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, salt and pepper and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 quart prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove lid and turn oven to broil to brown cheese a bit.
Nothing bad to say about this dish. Plain, simple and good. :)