Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple salad was one of the first that my mother in law served to me. She has a way with spinach!
- fresh spinach leaves, washed and spun dry
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- garlic-flavored croutons
- Place spinach in large bowl.
- Top with onions, cheese, and dressing.
- Add croutons.
- Toss and serve.
I was hoping this was a chilled salad when I clicked on the name...I adore spinach salads but never cared for the hot bacon dressing. I loved this recipe, I added some micned garlic and cubed chicken breast and served this with garlic taost and it was fantastic. Thank you!
Excellent simple salad, I made my own garlic croutons and added some tomatoes and chopped sweet peppers because I had it as a maincourse. The Parmesan was a nice addition. A very healthy meal it was!!
Lovely fresh flavoured salad! loved the red onion and parmesan cheese. I added halved cherry tomatoes and roasted walnuts. We particularly liked the plain vinegar and oil dressing which finished it perfectly. Thanks for posting, I will be making it again.