This is a very refreshing salad. It is also great made with mixed baby greens or mesclun.
Make and share this Spinach and Pumpkin Seed Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 cups stemmed baby spinach leaves, washed and dried (may substitute mixed baby greens)
- 1 cup cherries or 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped scallion
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- Whisk together vinegar and oil and add salt, pepper and mustard until it is well blended.
- Toss with the spinach until the leaves are nicely coated.
- Toss again with the tomatoes and the scallions.
- Place salad portions in bowls, garnish with a small amount of alfalfa sprouts, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, and serve.