Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posted for ZWT, I haven't made it yet so yield and time are a guestimate.
- 2 lbs spinach, cleaned and torn
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 -2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Place greens in a large pot, place potatoes over the greens and add enough broth to fill pot to a depth of one inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Let cook for 30 minutes or until potatoes are steamed tender. Add additional broth as necessary to prevent the pot from becoming dry.
- When the potatoes and greens are fully cooked, mash them together with a potato masher and season to taste.
Nice side dish. I added one clove of garlic, crushed, some sea salt and freshly ground pepper. I think next time I will use vegetable broth. I really liked that it was mashed together. Thanks!