I found this recipe on a lovely lady’s blog who recently passed away. I've been looking for a spinach and potato soup recipe ever since a friend made it for me, so I thought I would honor this lady’s memory by trying it. The blog is here in case you're interested: http://oldageisabitch.blogspot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan heat the oil and add the chopped onion, garlic and potato for five minutes to soften.
- 2Add the spinach, hot water, vegetable stock cube and garlic and bring to the boil.
- 3Cook for 20 minutes.
- 4Blend the soup, together with most of the cream, with a hand-held blender and serve with fresh brown bread.
- 5Add a swirl of cream to each bowl.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (787 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.4
- Calories from Fat 575
- Total Fat 63.9 g
- Saturated Fat 36.3 g
- Cholesterol 209.6 mg
- Sodium 162.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes