Recipe by Shake'n'Cake
I found this recipe on a lovely lady’s blog who recently passed away. I've been looking for a spinach and potato soup recipe ever since a friend made it for me, so I thought I would honor this lady’s memory by trying it. The blog is here in case you're interested: http://oldageisabitch.blogspot.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 440 g spinach
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped to half inch cubes
- 600 ml double cream
- 1200 ml hot water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- toasted bread, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan heat the oil and add the chopped onion, garlic and potato for five minutes to soften.
- Add the spinach, hot water, vegetable stock cube and garlic and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup, together with most of the cream, with a hand-held blender and serve with fresh brown bread.
- Add a swirl of cream to each bowl.