Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and delish! Great on the go food...
- 8 empanada wrappers
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄4 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 small baking potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- rogan josh seasoning
- vindaloo seasoning
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Saute onion with potato until tater is crisp tender. Add spinach, garlic and about 1/2 tsp each Rogan Josh and Vindaloo seasoning (you could use any Indian blend or curry). Cook until potato is done. Put on plate and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Put about 2 T of spinach filling in each empanada skin, top with mozz if desired, and seal edges shut in a half moon -- crimp edges with tines of a fork. Brush tops with egg and bake in 400 F oven about 18 mins or until golden brown.
- These are delish cold too - a great thing to grab on the go! If your seasonings are a bit spicy, dip in yogurt or sour cream! Would make a good appetizer by using smaller empanada disks -- Enjoy!