Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the most delicious spinach casserole.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 2 lbs fresh spinach, cooked,chopped and squeezed dry
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed
- 8 -9 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Set oven to 350 degrees Grease a shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- Squeeze as much as the water as possible from the spinach; set aside.
- Peel and shred the potatoes.
- Mix potatoes with the eggs, melted butter, salt, pepper, onion, parsley and dill.
- Transfer half of the potato mixture into the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Top with the spinach, then sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the spinach.
- Top with the remaining potato mixture.
- Cover, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and dot with 2-3 Tbsp butter.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes longer.
This was not good! I tried it for Christmas and it was a disaster. It sounded great on paper but was a bomb in reality.
This casserole certainly has the WOW factor! 5+++++ With spinach and cheeses and potatoes, how could it be other than yummy. And the choice of herbs was just SO perfect. The only changes I made were to add a tablespoon of minced garlic, and to use only 3/4 tablespoon of butter in step 9. We absolutely loved this, and with a wintry nip in the air, I'll certainly be making it again soon. Thank you KITTENCAL for another fabulous recipe!