Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Eggs for dinner - what a novel idea! From Canadian Living's May 2010 issue.
- 1 large potato, peeled and halved
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 bunch spinach, trimme and rinsed
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika, sweet or 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika, smoked
- In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potato until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool. Cut into 1" chunks.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, flour, baking power, an half the salt; set aside.
- In a 9" nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; saute garlic for 1 minute. Add spinach; cook, stirring, until wilted and no liquid remains. Transfer to bowl.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; cook onion, stirring occassionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add potato; cook, stirring, until softened and starting to brown. Stir in paprika and remaining salt. Stir in spinach and egg mixture. Transfer skillet to 350F oven; bake until firm, about 20 minutes.