Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the American Diabetes Assn. Posted for safe-keeping. Chef's Tip: For added flavor, bring 1 cup of balsamic vinegar to a boil and cook until it's reduced by half. Drizzle a little of the vinegar over each chicken breast after it has been sliced.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small nonstick saute pan, saute pine nuts over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes to toast. Set aside.
- Place one chicken breast on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Pound meat with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Repeat this process for the other 3 breasts. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine toasted pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, spinach and garlic. Spread 3 T of this mixture on one side of pounded chicken breast. Roll breast and secure the seam with a toothpick. Repeat procedure for remaining 3 chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle all sides of rolled chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Coat a glass or metal baking dish with cooking spray and place chicken in dish seam side down. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- To serve, remove toothpicks and slice each piece into 5 rounds. Serve over rice pilaf.