Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love pesto, parmesan and spinach so this is right up my alley. When I made it, I threw a minced garlic clove in the mix. I can never have enough garlic. I hope you enjoy. It's from the Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing, plus
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and squeezed dry
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 4 whole boneless chicken breasts, halved (about 2 lbs)
- In food processor or blender, process 1/4 c Italian dressing with basil, cheese and pepper until blended. In medium bowl, thoroughly combine dressing mixture, spinach and bread crumbs.
- With knife parallel to cutting board, make deep, 3" long cut in center of each chicken breast half to form pocket. Evenly stuff pockets with spinach mixture.
- Line large, shallow baking pan or broiler rack with aluminum foil and arrange chicken evenly. Brush with remaining 2 tbsp Italian dressing.
- Broil, turning once, 7 minutes or until chicken is done.