Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A low calorie, low fat, delicious and refreshing salad with a citrus dressing which was with a recipe for orange-glazed pork cutlets. I haven't posted the pork cutlets part of the recipe (just zmail me if you want it). I found this in The Australian Women's Weekly's 'SLIM: low-fat eating for life', and I'm posting it for the Healthy for the Holidays Challenge.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
We really enjoyed this citrusy mix! I loved the dijon as it gives a pleasant aroma to the salad. I made the dressing as directed and had plenty to spread out over three salads. Just what we were looking for tonight! Thanks!
SPINACH AND PECAN SALAD
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 4 medium oranges
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the baby spinach leaves, nuts and snow peas in a large bowl.
- Segment the peeled orange over the salad so that none of the juice from the orange is lost; add the orange segments to the bowl.
- Place the citrus dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar, shake well, pour over the salad and toss gently to combine.