Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Light and refreshing salad, a delicious side to any dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (16 ounce) can pears, slices drained
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, thinly-sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss the spinach, pear slices, onion and blue cheese in a large salad bowl.
- Heat the oil and vinegar in a small saucepan over a medium heat until the mixture is just steaming. Pour over the salad and toss until the spinach wilts slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
I have made a very similar recipe but with fresh pears and I also garnished with some walnut halves. Green apples are a great substitute for the pears.