Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light (October 2001). I love pears, and they are wonderful in salads. Some feta and/or some nuts (pecans, walnuts) would also be good in this.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pear, cut lengthwise into 15 slices
- 8 cups spinach, torn
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Place the pear slices in a large bowl.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon dressing over pears; toss to coat.
- Add the remaining dressing, spinach, and onion; toss to coat.
This was simple and delicious. I used feta and pecans in it.