Thick and satisfying, this soup is full of the flavor of peas. In summer, be sure to use fresh peas. For a thinner soup, add 1 cup milk or thin cream. I use Carnation Evaporated milk. I microwave a couple of potatoes until soft, then peel and dice and add to soup after it has been cooked for some texture and my son likes potatoes in his soup. The Total Fibre Book
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook leeks until soft and fragrant but not browned.
- Add peas, spinach, chicken stock and savory.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In food processor or blender, puree soup, in batches, until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of yogurt on top of each serving.
Very good and very healthy, but I used veg. broth because I'm a vegetarian and added Goya's imitation ham flavouring because it was bland to me - but I add to pretty much every recipe, so maybe this deserves 5 stars.