1/1 Photo of Spinach and Pea Soup
Thick and satisfying, this soup is full of the flavor of peas. In summer, be sure to use fresh peas. For a thinner soup, add 1 cup milk or thin cream. I use Carnation Evaporated milk. I microwave a couple of potatoes until soft, then peel and dice and add to soup after it has been cooked for some texture and my son likes potatoes in his soup. The Total Fibre Book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook leeks until soft and fragrant but not browned.
- 2Add peas, spinach, chicken stock and savory.
- 3Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4In food processor or blender, puree soup, in batches, until smooth.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Serve with a drizzle of yogurt on top of each serving.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 293.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g