Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from Pampered chef. It is a wonderful light salad, even the kids ate it! The dressing tastes better if made ahead and allowed to "meld" the flavors.
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped peeled gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar or 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1⁄2 cucumber, scored seeded,and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- For dressing finely chop gingeroot.
- Whisk gingeroot, garlic, vinegar, orange juice, vegetable oil, sesame oil, soup mix and sugar.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For salad, cook pasta according to package directions drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place pasta in large bowl.
- Meanwhile score cucumber, remove seeds slice and cut slices in half.
- Dice bell pepper, coarsley chop onion.
- Add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, mandarin oranges, chicken and almonds to pasta.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Serve immediately.
4 Stars, very tasty, someone demanded the recipe as soon as I mixed it together. The spinach should be mixed with the pasta in Step 9. To serve at work, I stored the pasta, cucumber, red bell pepper and onion in a large locking bag, and stored each of the following in a separate sandwich locking bag: chicken, drained mandarin oranges, toasted slivered almonds. I carried my container of spinach separately, and the dressing separately. Best to consume all at one sitting; spinach will deteriorate fast once mixed in. Made for My 3 Chefs Spring 2008.