Recipe by Kaccy G.
This one is for you spinach lovers out there! I don't like spinach but this vivid combination of colors, tastes and textures complements each other. Serve this salad as a side dish or easy main dish. .
Top Review by quikgourmet
I took this to a gathering and it received great reviews, so thanks for sharing this easy and quick recipe. I only usef about 5 oz. of the pasta, and I used the reduced fat Buitoni pesto with basil. I also cut the linguine in half before cooking to make it more manageable in tossing for the salad. I think next time, I'd increase the spinach and pine nuts, but that's just my preference. The pesto definitely gives this salad a kick and makes it unique!
- 1 (9 ounce) packagecut pastas linguine
- 7 ounces refrigerated basil pesto
- 5 cups shredded fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup halved thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt