Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This one is for you spinach lovers out there! I don't like spinach but this vivid combination of colors, tastes and textures complements each other. Serve this salad as a side dish or easy main dish. .
- 1 (9 ounce) packagecut pastas linguine
- 7 ounces refrigerated basil pesto
- 5 cups shredded fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup halved thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- COOK linguine according to package directions.
- Rinse and drain.
- COMBINE pasta, spinach, tomato, onion and pine nuts in large bowl.
- COMBINE pesto, lemon juice and salt in small bowl.
- Add to pasta mixture; toss well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
I took this to a gathering and it received great reviews, so thanks for sharing this easy and quick recipe. I only usef about 5 oz. of the pasta, and I used the reduced fat Buitoni pesto with basil. I also cut the linguine in half before cooking to make it more manageable in tossing for the salad. I think next time, I'd increase the spinach and pine nuts, but that's just my preference. The pesto definitely gives this salad a kick and makes it unique!
Thankyou for the nice reci pe...hope you don't mind but I added my own flair...a touch of grilled chicken, feta, parmesan, bow tie pasta and black olives............very enjoyable...hope you enjoy the pics my friend!
This is an easy and very tasty pasta recipe but needs more pesto than 7 ounces, at least for my family's tastes, great with ripe juicy garden tomatoes, so good! thanks kcdelong!...Kitten:)