Recipe by out of here
This is a wonderful bread. I love to eat it with fresh egg salad, tomato and lettuce. Very good with a bowl of hearty soup. My family favorite!
Top Review by lemon 'n herbs
Really wonderful bread, went great with the chicken wild rice and lentil soups I made. I used 1/2 WW flour and 1/2 bread flour, was very good. May try all WW flour with some vital wheat gluten next time. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe!
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 113.39 g fresh spinach leaves
- 118.29 ml water, generous
- 1 egg
- 946.36 ml white bread flour
- 158.51 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml granulated sugar
- 7.39 ml fast-rising active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan; add the chopped onion and sauté until a light golden color. Add the spinach, stir well to combine and cover tightly.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Then stir again and let the pan, uncovered, to cool.
- Place the spinach mixture in the bread machine pan. Add the water and egg.
- Sprinkle the bread flour, ensuring that it completely covers the liquid mixture.
- Now sprinkle the cheese inside.
- Place the salt and sugar in separate corners of the bread pan.
- Make a shallow indention in the center of the flour, add the yeast.
- Set the bread machine to the dough setting. Press start.
- Lightly flour 2 baking sheets.
- When the dough cycle has finished, remove the dough from the machine and place on a lightly floured surface, gently punch the dough down, then carefully roll it out to a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Roll up the dough from one long side to form a thick baton shape with a square end.
- Place the baton on the prepared baking sheet, seam side up, cover it with lightly oiled plastic wrap; set aside to rest 15 minutes.
- Turn the bread over and place on the second baking sheet. Plump up the dough by tucking the ends and sides under.
- Cover with the oiled wrap and let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Using a sharp knife, slash the top of the bread with 5 diagonal slashes.
- Bake for 28 minutes, or until it is golden.
- Turn unto a wire rack to cool.