1/1 Photo of Spinach and Parmesan Rustic Bread (Bread Machine)
out of here's Note:
This is a wonderful bread. I love to eat it with fresh egg salad, tomato and lettuce. Very good with a bowl of hearty soup. My family favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a frying pan; add the chopped onion and sauté until a light golden color. Add the spinach, stir well to combine and cover tightly.
- 2Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Then stir again and let the pan, uncovered, to cool.
- 3Place the spinach mixture in the bread machine pan. Add the water and egg.
- 4Sprinkle the bread flour, ensuring that it completely covers the liquid mixture.
- 5Now sprinkle the cheese inside.
- 6Place the salt and sugar in separate corners of the bread pan.
- 7Make a shallow indention in the center of the flour, add the yeast.
- 8Set the bread machine to the dough setting. Press start.
- 9Lightly flour 2 baking sheets.
- 10When the dough cycle has finished, remove the dough from the machine and place on a lightly floured surface, gently punch the dough down, then carefully roll it out to a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- 11Roll up the dough from one long side to form a thick baton shape with a square end.
- 12Place the baton on the prepared baking sheet, seam side up, cover it with lightly oiled plastic wrap; set aside to rest 15 minutes.
- 13Turn the bread over and place on the second baking sheet. Plump up the dough by tucking the ends and sides under.
- 14Cover with the oiled wrap and let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 15Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 16Using a sharp knife, slash the top of the bread with 5 diagonal slashes.
- 17Bake for 28 minutes, or until it is golden.
- 18Turn unto a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Parmesan Rustic Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 468.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g