Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish was adapted to our taste and makes enough to serve two and have a bit of leftovers for the next day. I think it's pretty good and my family, who is kinda picky, thought it was pretty good too.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (out of a can is fine)
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 pint oyster, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter cracker crumb
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour until smooth and gradually add the milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thickened. Reduce the heat and stir in the cheese until smooth.
- Add the spinach and oysters. Pour into a buttered shallow1 quart baking dish or a 9" glass pie plate.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and mix with the cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 15-30 min or until the top is brown.