I've had this recipe for years and only recently tried it. The consistency was great and prep was easy. I'm not a big fan of oysters as they gave it a strong pungent flavor-great for oyster fans, though. I have not tried it with minced clams yet, but I think it will be much tastier for my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 -1 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) jar processed cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can oysters, chopped, drained, rinsed (or minced clams equivelant)
- 1In a saucepan, cook onion and sweet pepper in butter until tender.
- 2Stir in flour, garlic powder andpepper.
- 3Add water. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- 4Stir in spinach and cheese. Cook and stir until well blended.
- 5Stir into cheese mixture, heat through.
- 6Transfer to serving bowl.
- 7Serve with tortilla chips, french baguette bread slices, etc.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Oyster/Clam Dip
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.9 mg
- Sodium 58.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
processed cheese with jalapeno peppers