Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've had this recipe for years and only recently tried it. The consistency was great and prep was easy. I'm not a big fan of oysters as they gave it a strong pungent flavor-great for oyster fans, though. I have not tried it with minced clams yet, but I think it will be much tastier for my family.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) jar processed cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can oysters, chopped, drained, rinsed (or minced clams equivelant)
- In a saucepan, cook onion and sweet pepper in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, garlic powder andpepper.
- Add water. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Stir in spinach and cheese. Cook and stir until well blended.
- Stir into cheese mixture, heat through.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips, french baguette bread slices, etc.