Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've had this recipe for years and only recently tried it. The consistency was great and prep was easy. I'm not a big fan of oysters as they gave it a strong pungent flavor-great for oyster fans, though. I have not tried it with minced clams yet, but I think it will be much tastier for my family.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) jar processed cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can oysters, chopped, drained, rinsed (or minced clams equivelant)
- In a saucepan, cook onion and sweet pepper in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, garlic powder andpepper.
- Add water. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Stir in spinach and cheese. Cook and stir until well blended.
- Stir into cheese mixture, heat through.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips, french baguette bread slices, etc.