Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Colorful and a delicious side dish or main dish.
Top Review by CralyMoi
I love couscous and was excited to try a new version. I'm glad I did, because this is delicious.
I did make some changes - extra clove of garlic, vege stock instead of chicken, fresh baby spinach, pine nuts instead of pecans and I added some fresh basil at the end.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 3⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- Add the broth and spinach; cook and stir frequently until the spinach thaws.
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir occasionally.
- Add in couscous; stir to combine.
- Cover, remove pan from heat, and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.