1/2 Photos of Spinach and Onion Couscous
Colorful and a delicious side dish or main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1In a saucepan, cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- 2Add the broth and spinach; cook and stir frequently until the spinach thaws.
- 3Bring mixture to a boil and stir occasionally.
- 4Add in couscous; stir to combine.
- 5Cover, remove pan from heat, and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 6Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Onion Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.7
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 392.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 12.9 g