Recipe by nemokitty
This comes from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine.
Top Review by breezermom
Fabulous! I didn't realize till the very end that I didn't have water chestnuts, but those aren't my favorites, so I'm glad I neglected to include them. Loved the worcestershire/wine mix. Usually use this when I saute mushrooms anyway, and the spinach was a beautiful bonus. Just delicious. Made for Newest Tag....thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter and oil until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute more. Stir in the wine or chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Stir in water chestnuts; heat through.