1/1 Photo of Spinach and Mushroom White Lasagna, No-Boil
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 lb havarti cheese, shredded
- 7 ounces gouda cheese, shredded
- 1Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add the mushrooms and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- 3Add the drained, chopped spinach, salt, and pepper, stir well and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- 4Over medium heat melt 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan; add the flour and cook, stirring constantly to keep it from browning.
- 5Gradually add the chicken or vegetable broth and milk; cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 6As soon as sauce begins to boil, remove it from the heat and add thyme and basil.
- 7Combine the shredded cheeses together until well mixed.
- 8Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 9Lay 5 noodles in a single layer in the pan. (Four the long way and one broken-off one the short way.).
- 10Layer with 1/2 each of the mushroom/spinach mixture and shredded cheeses, then coat with 1/2 of the sauce.
- 11Repeat the process, ending with the sauce.
- 12Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake at 350F for 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer.
- 13Remove from oven and let sit a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Mushroom White Lasagna, No-Boil
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.0
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 533.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.0 g