Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
My friend asked me to make these for a party. These didn't turn out for me, I would suggest Spinach Balls instead.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix, Monterey Style with Mushroon & Onion
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drain
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 -4 eggs
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix stuffing, water and butter in a large bowl. Add all additional ingredients and mixed until well blended.
- Shape into 60 balls, about 1 inch across.
- Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Chill 2 hours.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
When i read that it didn't come out very well I thought that the mushrooms needed to be sauteed which I did in butter with minced shallot and a couple cloves of garlic. I then used another recipe for the rest of the spinach balls and they came out great. I think sauting them is the answer.