Recipe by Marie
This salad has the regular ingredients you would expect to find in a spinach salad, but the dressing makes it extraordinary.
Top Review by PaulaG
Marie, you are so right. The dressing does make it extraordinary. Served this to guests last night and they thought it was wonderful. I took some liberty with the salad ingredients. I omitted the bacon and added 2 thinly sliced boiled eggs. Other than that made it as per the recipe. Delicious!
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 8 -10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and refrigerate for flavors to develop.
- Add mushrooms to dressing and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate mushroom mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, place spinach in a salad bowl with tomatoes and onions; add mushroom mixture and toss together.
- Top with crumbled bacon.