Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad has the regular ingredients you would expect to find in a spinach salad, but the dressing makes it extraordinary.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 8 -10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and refrigerate for flavors to develop.
- Add mushrooms to dressing and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate mushroom mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, place spinach in a salad bowl with tomatoes and onions; add mushroom mixture and toss together.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
Marie, you are so right. The dressing does make it extraordinary. Served this to guests last night and they thought it was wonderful. I took some liberty with the salad ingredients. I omitted the bacon and added 2 thinly sliced boiled eggs. Other than that made it as per the recipe. Delicious!
We enjoyed this salad very much!