Top Review by judy 1020
This salad is good, but 1 pound of spinach is soooooo much. And it defintely takes more time than most salads to prepare. The timing for the eggs was right. I don't believe that I will prepare this again because it takes too much prep time before the meal. It could be an entire lunch if adding ham, onions, etc..........
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb spinach
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Crumble and set aside.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10-12 minutes .
- Remove from hot water, cool, peel and cut in wedges.
- Return 2 tablespoons bacon fat to skillet, stir in sugar, vinegar, water and salt.
- Keep warm.
- Wash and remove stems from spinach, dry thoroughly and break into pieces in salad bowl.
- Pour warm dressing over and toss until coated.
- Top salad with mushrooms and bacon, garnish with egg.