Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
Swiss and Cheddar cheeses are baked into this veggie and bacon quiche that's certain to please.
Top Review by Boomette
This is so yummy. I omitted the nutmeg. I had to cook it 20 minutes longer with foil paper on it, cause the filling was not set. Thanks Pinaygourmet :) Made for bargain basement tag game
- 6 slice bacon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 355 ml light cream
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 60 g chopped fresh spinach
- 190 g chopped fresh mushrooms
- 85 g chopped onions
- 245 g shredded swiss cheese
- 140 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 inch deep dish pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip together eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in bacon, spinach, mushrooms, onions, 3/4 cup Swiss cheese, and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to the pie crust.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 35 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.