Recipe by katie in the UP
This is a recipe, I don't know where it came from! I had it in my recipe file. I have never made it, always meant too :) Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005.
Top Review by Julie F
Very good! I used regular white mushrooms in place of the portobello. Will try those next time. Also used fresh spinach and just sauteed it - started with garlic and mushrooms in olive oil, then added the spinach and cooked just until wilted. Very good and went together quickly. Will be making this often. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, chopped
- 2 cups brie cheese, cubed small
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare spinach according to package directions. Drain and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas cheese side up on baking sheets, and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and mushrooms, and cook about 5 minutes. Mix in spinach, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Place an equal amount of the mixture on the cheese side of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half over the filling.
- Heat a separate skillet over medium heat. Spray quesadillas with veggie spray Place quesadillas in the skillet one at a time, and cook 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges to serve.