Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve this meatless pizza with a tossed salad to create a meal.
- 1 pizza dough (bread machine, prepared, mix, etc.)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic.
- Cook until just soft.
- Set aside.
- Top the crust with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, spinach (squeeze out any excess moisture) and mushrooms.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes (or until lightly browned).
This was absolutely delicious! I added provolone under the veggies then topped with cheddar. YUM!
Being a vegetarian--this was a great recipe to enjoy pizza! I don't like mushrooms so I used diced zucc instead--used some dried minced onion along w/ the minced garlic. My "crust" was a piece of whole wheat bread LOL but it worked great! I used dried italian seas, no tomato & added vegetarian pepperoni. I also used low fat mozzarella & sprinkled on a little parmesan. Baking time was perfect in my toaster oven. What a healthy meal--no heavy sauce is needed :-). thank u so much for sharing.
This was really good! A nice change from our normal pizzas. I followed the recipe exactly but I increased the garlic and added a few chopped olives. Great way to use my last fresh Basil before the garden freezes! Thanks for posting.