1/3 Photos of Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Bake
I made this recipe up to use some leftover ingredients. I thought it came out quite tasty! Hope you enjoy it too! :) Note from a reviewer: This freezes very well. Thaw before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces rotini pasta (I like to use whole wheat pasta)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ounces fresh Baby Spinach, cleaned & roughly chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package.
- 2While water is boiling and pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add onion & saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook 30 seconds.
- 4Add mushrooms and cook until they release most of their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and wine and cook until spinach is wilted and most of the wine has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in marinara sauce, salt, and both peppers and stir until heated through. Add Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- 6In a 2-quart casserole dish, cover the bottom with a thin layer of sauce. Add half the pasta, half the sauce, and half of the mozzarella. Repeat layers with remaining pasta , sauce, and mozzarella.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.7
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 1042.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 21.4 g