1/5 Photos of Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas With Cilantro Cream Sauce
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
I LOVE these spinach enchiladas. They are just like the ones served at one of my fave restaurants! If you like spinach, you will love these. If you don't like spinach- you will probably find that this recipe changes your mind. (Altered recipe after reviews regarding the saltiness and amount of sauce. I have not had that problem, but do not want anyone to have a bad result. Please do try this and enjoy it.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 corn tortillas or 12 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, washed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice or 1/4 cup wine
- 3/4 cup water
- season salt, to taste (reduced to 1 t from 1 T and it was still considered salty please adjust to your taste or leave out a) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, use the amount that suits your taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Filling: Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat and saute onions, garlic and mushrooms until soft and liquid has evaporated, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2Remove half of the mushroom mixture and set aside, reserving for the sauce.
- 3Add wine and cook for 2 minutes more.
- 4Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted and liquid has evaporated. Taste and add salt or season salt to taste IF NEEDED.
- 5Sauce: In a small sauce pan combine water, wine/juice, seasoned salt, chicken bouillon and garlic powder. Stir to dissolve before adding reserved mushroom mixture, sour cream and cilantro. Reduce heat to simmer until sauce just begins to thicken.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F
- 7Wrap tortillas in paper towels and heat in microwave for a minute or so just to soften them.
- 8Divide filling evenly among the warm tortillas, fill and roll and place them seam side down in a greased 9x13 pan.
- 9Pour sauce over enchiladas, top with shredded cheese and bake 10-15 minutes- just until cheese is melted- browned if you like- and the entire dish has heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas With Cilantro Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.0
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 515.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 15.3 g