Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I found here, but seemingly has disappeared. I tried it and loved it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 12 tortillas, 6 inch
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Saute garlic and onion until garlic browns.
- Add carrots and mushrooms, saute until mushrooms are soft.
- Add spinach and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, reduce heat to simmer until spinach is soft, but not wilted.
- Remove spinach mixture from heat.
- Heat remaining enchilada sauce in shallow pan.
- Pass tortilla through heated sauce with tongs.
- Spread 1/2 cup spinach mixture on center line of tortilla and sprinkle 1 tbsp cheese on mixture.
- Roll tortilla and place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Repeat for all tortillas.
- Pour heated enchilada sauce over enchiladas, and sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is hot and bubbly.
I doubled the enchilada sauce in this because I felt the 1 cup was not enough to cover the tortillas.