Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from the Weight Watchers website, this dish is really quick and goes great with chicken, burgers, or as a light meal in itself!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 ounces cremini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat couscous (I use Trader Joe's)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, except pine nuts and cheese, and bring to a boil; cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Toast the pine nuts lightly.
- After 5 minutes, fluff with a fork and sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese.
Loved this! Omitted the pine nuts and increased the garlic. Also, had to use regular mushrooms. LOVED the flavor. Will add more oregano next time because I couldn't really taste it here! Wonderful!
Nice mild couscous recipe. We had this with some bbq chicken for dinner. I halved the recipe for 2 and we had plenty of leftovers. I would say this would serve 8 easily. I used Fat Free Feta cheese to lower its fat content. i think though next time I will double the oregano since it is my favorite spice. All in all, easy and good :).