Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a winter favourite. It can be a light dinner, or part of the appetizers for a dinner. A cobb loaf is a round loaf of bread. Use the bread bits and encourage guests to break off bits of the cobb and use it to dip.
- Slice the top off the cobb.
- Pull out all the soft bread, leaving a shell.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over a low heat.
- Add the diced onion and garlic and saute gently.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until all the liquid evaporates.
- Add the sour cream and stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Add spinach and stir through.
- Turn off heat.
- Pour the sour cream mixture into the cobb shell.
- Top with cheese and"lid".
- Tear the soft bready bits into bite size pieces.
- Put the cobb on a baking tray surrounded by bread bits.
- Bake in a moderate (180C) preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
How yummy was this???? To die for!!! It was quick and easy to make and DH devoured it! We snacked on it while watching Survivor Finale. Dh looked at me and said (in between shovelling it in his mouth - and when I say shovelling, I mean shovelling), "you're making this again, right?" I followed the recipe to a T and added a bit more cheese because we are cheesy people! I also mixed a bit of the cheese in with the mushroom/spinach mixture. Thanks Syrah for a great recipe that I will make again and again! Believe me, I have no choice!