Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a winter favourite. It can be a light dinner, or part of the appetizers for a dinner. A cobb loaf is a round loaf of bread. Use the bread bits and encourage guests to break off bits of the cobb and use it to dip.
- Slice the top off the cobb.
- Pull out all the soft bread, leaving a shell.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over a low heat.
- Add the diced onion and garlic and saute gently.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until all the liquid evaporates.
- Add the sour cream and stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Add spinach and stir through.
- Turn off heat.
- Pour the sour cream mixture into the cobb shell.
- Top with cheese and"lid".
- Tear the soft bready bits into bite size pieces.
- Put the cobb on a baking tray surrounded by bread bits.
- Bake in a moderate (180C) preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until bread is golden and cheese is melted.