1/10 Photos of Spinach and Mushroom Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
If your family is sitting on the fence about spinach, you will want to give this recipe a try! This casserole will melt in your mouth and will convince your family that spinach should be served much more often! This is a "Company Worthy" recipe that will satisfy the most discriminating. Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Wash fresh spinach, drain well and chop coarsely, or drain frozen spinach very well after thawing.
- 3Melt butter in saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- 4Blend in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 5Add cream gradually, stirring steadily to boiling point; cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- 6Arrange successive layers of spinach and sauce in a buttered 1 1/2 qt casserole ending with sauce.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Place in a shallow pan of hot water.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Mushroom Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.9
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.3 mg
- Sodium 889.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 15.8 g