This is a slight variation on the standard quick recipe for Black Bean soup, but I find it is much more rich and thick this way, and is a good way to get in those extra vegitable servings. Other veggies could be used as well, and you can use veggie broth instead of chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse the black beans and wash the veggies.
- 2Put two cans of the black beans in a blender with the broth, salsa, cumin, and pepper.
- 3Blend for two minutes.
- 4Add spinach and mushrooms, and blend for another four minutes, or until smooth.
- 5Pour into soup pan with remaining can of black beans, and cook for 20-25 minute.
- 6Serve as is, or with sour cream and corn chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Mushroom Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 752.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 26.2 g