1/1 Photo of Spinach and Mushroom Alfredo Sauce
MARIA MAC *'s Note:
This sauce is great served over any pasta or use it to make a lasagna.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 7 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 lb spinach, stemmed washed blanched and roughly chopped
- 3 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often until the mushrooms are browned and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2Add the onions and garlic to the pan and saute until soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Add the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, to make a light roux, about 2 minutes. Whisking constantly, slowly add the milk and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, 5 minutes.
- 4Add the salt, pepper, nutmeg, spinach and 1 1/2 cups of the Parmesan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Mushroom Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (3292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.5
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 1035.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 23.2 g