Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is how I made my last lasagna and it turned out pretty well. I used a mix of pork and lamb mince. I think it is so much better the next day. So make it ahead and partially cook it, so that it doesn't over cook while re-heating it.
- Place lasagna sheets in boiling water to soften slightly. Drain thawed spinach; squeeze some of excess liquid off.
- Brown mince and drain off fat, return to pan add pasta sauce. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Make bechemel sauce by melting butter, adding flour and stirring over med heat for 2 minutes, gradually add milk bringing to boil to thicken. Then add cottage cheese gradually, incorporating into milk mixture and heating through.
- Place layer of lasagna sheets on bottom.
- Place half spinach in layer. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Place layer of lasagna sheets.
- Place half of meat mixture in next layer.
- Repeat steps layers, and top with layer of lasagna sheets, bechemel sauce and sprinkle liberally with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook at 180°C for 45 minutes.