Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I helped make these in my cooking class. They were very easy to make. When we made these we used ground turkey. We also used fresh spinach about 1 cup. When we cooked these patties we cooked them in a bit of oil to keep the patties from sticking. At the cooking class and at home these were cooked in a electric skillet. Please make sure to keep the lid on the skillet while cooking to keep the patties moist. When I made them at home I used thawed frozen ground turkey. I fryed my patties in Pam.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef (7% fat or 93% lean) or 1 lb ground turkey (7% fat or 93% lean)
- 2 bunches spinach, bunches washed and cut into pieces (may substititute a 1-pound bag of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained)
- 1⁄2 finely chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat frying pan (no oil).
- Combine all ingredients except brown rice in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 12 small balls. Place in frying pan and flatten into patties using a spatula.
- Cook over medium heat until cooked on both sides.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.