Recipe by sams1
This is lovely. I have not made it for years but I should. Don't be put off by the revolting colour - green soup is good!
- 60 g butter
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 350 g spinach
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices thick bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt half the butter in a very large saucepan. Add spring onions and celery, cooking gently for 5 minuted or until softened.
- Pack the spinach into saucepan, add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover 15 - 20 minute.
- Transfere soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- Add mascarpone cheese to the soup and heat gently, stirring until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining butter with the oil in the frying pan. Add the bread cubes and fry until golden brown, adding caraway seeds.
- Ladel soup into 4 warmed bowls, sprinkle with croutons.