Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is lovely. I have not made it for years but I should. Don't be put off by the revolting colour - green soup is good!
- Melt half the butter in a very large saucepan. Add spring onions and celery, cooking gently for 5 minuted or until softened.
- Pack the spinach into saucepan, add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover 15 - 20 minute.
- Transfere soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- Add mascarpone cheese to the soup and heat gently, stirring until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining butter with the oil in the frying pan. Add the bread cubes and fry until golden brown, adding caraway seeds.
- Ladel soup into 4 warmed bowls, sprinkle with croutons.