Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe evolved from Spinach/Strawberry Salad. The second time I wanted to make that recipe, I had nothing but the spinach leaves so I started substituting everything. The result was very well received, so I thought I would share it. I estimated the amounts so it might need a little tweaking. Bon Appetit.
- 1 (6 ounce) packagewashed spinach leaves
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- sunflower seeds (optional)
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients for salad in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and add to salad.
I agree, this is a very nice salad. The dressing really sets it off. I did make a couple of substitutions using spring mix for the spinach and adding in some diced avocado. The recipe was reduced to 2 servings.
This is a very good balance of flavors. I used regular sugar in the dressing. This was a great side dish to Low-Fat Cajun-Style Fish in Parchment ...delish!.
This is wonderfully refreshing and very unique. Per a suggestion from one of the boards, I served this with some baked potato soup. I also used regular sugar in the dressing. Thanks for sharing this recipe!