This salad is one I've made for years. It is quick, easy, includes just the right dressing and if you add some chunked chicken, you go from a very nice (fancy) side salad to a great main dish!!
My Private Note
Side sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make your dressing first:.
- 2Add equal parts yogurt, mayonnaise and mix well.
- 3Add the honey and mix inches Adjust this to your tastes. It is generally lightly sweet and rounds out the flavors of the mayo and yogurt.
- 4Add the poppy seeds, mix in (if you don't have seeds, don't sweat it, they give a bit of texture but I have wanted this salad and run out and it is fine without it -- )
- 6Either mix the spinach, sliced water chestnuts and mandarin oranges, or make this directly on the plate. I usually break the water chestnuts because about a 1/2 slice and one mandarin orange plus a fork full of spinach leaves seems to be about perfect.
- 7Top with the dressing.
- 8See! Isn't that easy? Five minutes!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Mandarin Orange Salad With Poppyseed Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.2
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 254.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: