Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad is one I've made for years. It is quick, easy, includes just the right dressing and if you add some chunked chicken, you go from a very nice (fancy) side salad to a great main dish!!
- Make your dressing first:.
- Add equal parts yogurt, mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add the honey and mix inches Adjust this to your tastes. It is generally lightly sweet and rounds out the flavors of the mayo and yogurt.
- Add the poppy seeds, mix in (if you don't have seeds, don't sweat it, they give a bit of texture but I have wanted this salad and run out and it is fine without it -- )
- Either mix the spinach, sliced water chestnuts and mandarin oranges, or make this directly on the plate. I usually break the water chestnuts because about a 1/2 slice and one mandarin orange plus a fork full of spinach leaves seems to be about perfect.
- Top with the dressing.
- See! Isn't that easy? Five minutes!
Oh my, the dressing is soooooo good! I was looking for a poppyseed dressing for a fruit and spinach salad~ BINGO! You nailed it, and so easy! Thanks :)
This is just wonderful. The dressing is to die for...I tripled it so I could have some to make salads all week, but everyone loved it so much they all took a bottle home with them...Now I have to make some more....