Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is one I've made for years. It is quick, easy, includes just the right dressing and if you add some chunked chicken, you go from a very nice (fancy) side salad to a great main dish!!
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Make your dressing first:.
- Add equal parts yogurt, mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add the honey and mix inches Adjust this to your tastes. It is generally lightly sweet and rounds out the flavors of the mayo and yogurt.
- Add the poppy seeds, mix in (if you don't have seeds, don't sweat it, they give a bit of texture but I have wanted this salad and run out and it is fine without it -- )
- Either mix the spinach, sliced water chestnuts and mandarin oranges, or make this directly on the plate. I usually break the water chestnuts because about a 1/2 slice and one mandarin orange plus a fork full of spinach leaves seems to be about perfect.
- Top with the dressing.
- See! Isn't that easy? Five minutes!
Oh my, the dressing is soooooo good! I was looking for a poppyseed dressing for a fruit and spinach salad~ BINGO! You nailed it, and so easy! Thanks :)
This is just wonderful. The dressing is to die for...I tripled it so I could have some to make salads all week, but everyone loved it so much they all took a bottle home with them...Now I have to make some more....