Recipe by Derf
Nice light lunch, even to take to work, just keep dressing separate. from Cooking Light
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
Excellent salad! I made this recipe exactly as written and used bleu cheese. I had never tried raspberry vinaigrette before so I didn't really know what to expect. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised! It was a great change from plain old green salad and Italian dressing. I served this with broiled lobster tails, twice baked potatoes and yeast rolls.
- 8 cups torn spinach (, about 10 ozs)
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin orange sections, in light syrup or in own juice,drained
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese or 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped pecans or 2 tablespoons roughly chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free raspberry vinaigrette (such as Girard's Or your favourite fat free dressing)
- Place 2 cups of spinach on each of 4 plates.
- Arrange 1/2 cup mushrooms and 1/3 cup oranges over spinach.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons nuts.
- Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
- Or place ingredients, except vinaigrette, in a bowl, lightly toss and just before serving, drizzle with dressing.